Memo #3

Thankful
Every Thanksgiving we are told to be “thankful” but, what does that really mean? To be thankful is the act of giving thanks for anything and everything in all circumstances. Thankfulness should be a way of life for us, naturally coming from our hearts and mouths, and not just forced like during Thanksgiving. We have so many things to be thankful for and yet, we take it all for granted. For instance, many people including me just assume that things such as our houses, jobs, phones, pets, cars, computers, etc. will always be there for us, but this may not always be the case. In light of all the current events such as, Hurricane Irma and the Las Vegas shooting, it goes to show that life is unpredictable. Therefore, we should be thankful for the things we have instead of thinking negatively by saying “why don’t I have things others do”.  
First and foremost, we hate the mistakes and struggles we go through but I believe we should be thankful for them. Struggles break you down and you just have to work yourself back up and become stronger and better. We especially have to be thankful for the people who support us through those tough times. My life wouldn't be the same without the people that have molded me into who I am. It is important to be humble no matter where you are in life, and remember all the people that helped you get to where you are, whether it's your parents, your siblings, or your friends.

Thankfulness, gratitude, gratefulness, and appreciation come into play not just during Thanksgiving but throughout everyday of your life. I am thankful for the 14 wonderful years I’ve spent on this earth and I cannot ask for anything better.

Comments

Popular Posts