How much will Ottawa change 10 years from now?

21st Century Literacy
Google Forms Survey Report
How much will Ottawa change 10 years from now?

Station2_slide.jpg

Introduction

In my survey, I asked and examined all of my respondents on their knowledge of Ottawa’s upcoming changes. Throughout my survey I asked questions of their existing knowledge of this topic then further questioned their opinions on the changes. With the data I collected on my form/spreadsheet, I found many similar responses with only a few different differing.

Questions

I asked many opinionated questions such as: “In your own words describe how you think Ottawa will change in the future years and if it is for the better.” Also with that, I asked a knowledge based question such as: “Which one of these future Ottawa construction projects do you know about?” I tried to forward my questions to more opinion based questions due to the fact that some might see the change in Ottawa as insignificant but many would differ. I could see that some really didn’t know much about this topic, possibly because they were from outside of Ottawa.
Results
As my first question, I asked: “In your own words describe how you think Ottawa will change in the future years and if it is for the better. ” Many felt that Ottawa has it’s responsibility to develop in technology especially as the capital. One of the responses that really intrigued me from this question was: “As the capital of Canada, I think Ottawa has to play a major role in investing in new technologies to improve the city. Honestly I am not sure if this will affect ottawa for the better or not.”

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 11.01.50 AM.pngThe second division of responses that really showcased their thoughts on Ottawa’s changes was when I asked how substantial the change would be. Surprisingly, 100% of them agreed on number 3 on the scale which is that there would be moderate change. Not too many differences, but just enough to notice that ottawa is developing.

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 11.01.39 AM.pngOne major thing that Ottawa is hyping up quite a bit is the 2017 celebrations. This includes sporting events, new construction projects, and many celebrations. When asked about these things on my survey, the majority felt that these things were for the better of Ottawa and the remaining few weren’t sure.

Final Responses:
Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 11.04.21 AM.png
Conclusion
Overall I really related to many of the answers that I received. I drew a conclusion that the majority of people are really looking forward to the changes and think that they are for the better. One comment said “I believe that Ottawa will change for the better. It will change from a city to a community.” This is one thing that I think Ottawa is trying to do with all their upcoming events and projects. I feel that Ottawa is really developing for the better and truly representing Ottawa, the capital of Canada.


Comments

Popular Posts